RE-BLOGED FROM HELLEN.KEEGAN.NET
Super excited about taking GameChangers on the road next week! We’ve sent this blurb out to the various campuses in advance:
Want to know more about games, learning and design sprints?
The GAME CHANGERS Big Yellow Bus will be visiting your campus on Monday and Tuesday next week!
This is all about “learning by designing”. We can introduce you to the fundamentals of design thinking, game creation and rapid prototyping skills – the kinds of things that prove invaluable in the modern workplace. Do drop in and say hello!
We’ll also be offering the following sessions:
1) Fab Lab Experiences – using random stuff for game and play design (experimenting with 3D printing and VR headsets along with game design tools)
2) Remix Play – designing solutions, inspired by play and games (this is a design sprint, fail fast fail often approach)
3) Lego Serious Play – creating metaphors with Lego, (and even get yourself video’d as a CU Legostar)
4) What’s Your Story? – the power of cards
We’ll provide the following incentives/prizes for participation:
- Leaving with your own game (the best reward of all!)
- Using 3D printed objects as rewards
- Prize draw for those attending
If you like to register your interest beforehand (including booking an individual or small group session) then please contact Oliver Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org