Who Is It For?
Students at Coventry University wishing to learning Italian.
How long does it take?
One level will take about 30 minutes to 1 hour. There are 4 levels.
What is it?
A pervasive serious game for learning Italian language.
Pervasive Gaming for Language Learning is a project in collaboration with the Coventry University’s Languages Centre, aiming to explore pervasive approaches to learning and exploit gamification techniques in contextualising language learning in a more active and engaging way. Italian is used as a case study. The Imparapp game was designed based on a holistic and modular design approach developed by Dr. Sylvester Arnab and implemented using the ‘Taleblazer’ authoring tool from the MIT. The 4-part game has also been developed by our own students – Tyrone Bellamy-Wood (Game designer and programmer) and Gaetan van Leuwen (Creative Writer)
Learning and Teaching Resources
- Download Taleblazer App:
- Open the TaleBlazer app, click ‘menu’ and insert the game code applicable:
- Game code for Level 1: gtvvwhj
- Game code for Level 2: gpudhyb
- Game code for Level 3: gkyyhge
- Game code for Level 4: gihlmfd
- NOTE: The prototype version will allow game locations to be clicked/tapped on as you progress with the story and tasks (quizzes, puzzles, etc.). If you are in Coventry, you can use the location-based functionality of the game.
- If you are not in Coventry: Once you are in the ImparAPP game, please click on menu -> setting and switch Tap to Visit– pls see below: